General Data Protection Regulation
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY BLUE CHILLI CAR CONTRACTS LIMITED AND BY CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES
When you apply for finance from a credit provider you must provide us with certain personal information which we will share with finance houses, they will share this information with Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies as this is necessary to help them decide whether to offer you finance. If you do not provide it to us they may not be able to offer you finance. Your information will be used by us and these agencies as follows:
- They will check records about you and others held by them and by Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention agencies, for e.g. to assess your application for credit and verify identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. The Credit Reference Agencies will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They will supply public information (e.g. information held on the electoral register) as well as shared credit and fraud prevention information. The Fraud Prevention Agencies will use your personal information to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity.
- If you advise us of a director, a spouse or a financial associate, they can / will link your records together. You must ensure that you have their confirmation to disclose their information. Credit Reference Agencies also link your records together. The links will remain on your and their files until such a time as you or they successfully file for a disassociation with the Credit Reference Agencies to break the link.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information or they suspect or identify fraud, then they will record this and may also pass on the information to Fraud Prevention Agencies and other organisations involved in crime prevention. Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by Fraud Prevention Agencies, which may be publicly-available sources. Any information provided may be kept on file for up to 6 years. Should you decide not proceed with your offer you have the right to request that any information that we hold about you be deleted.
- We may share your information with motor manufacturers, dealers and/or delivery companies in order to deliver your vehicle to you.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or, in limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted by relevant data protection and privacy law. Our lawful grounds for using your information when we use your personal information we may be doing so to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate interests; for e.g. to ensure that we provide the most appropriate offers of finance to you, to ensure that our services function correctly, to prevent fraud and money laundering and to ensure that our records are accurate and up to date. You have certain rights where Finance Houses use automated decision-making tools to help them decide whether to offer you finance. You can find out more about this and your rights by accessing the privacy notice on our website https://www.bluechillicars.com/privacy-policy or by asking the person assisting with your application for a copy.
The Agencies using this information for ascertaining credit worthiness are:-
- Call Credit
The Funders that we may propose you to in order to gain credit acceptance are:-
- Lloyds Banking Group (Including Lex Autolease, Black Horse, Landrover CH, Jaguar CH)
- Hitachi Capital
- Santander Contract Hire
- Mercedes Benz Financial Services
- Volkswagen Financial Services
- Toyota Financial Services
- PSA Finance
- RCI Financial Services
We may pass your information to up to 5 of the above funders in order to gain a credit acceptance
HOW TO FIND OUT MORE
This is a summary of how your data will be used when you apply for finance from us. If you would like full details about how your information will be used by us, Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, including details of your rights in relation to your information, or contact details of the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies, please: